Learn About Our Project:
Goblins of Elderstone
Goblins of Elderstone brings a unique chaotic twist to the city building genre. It is more than just a city builder - it is a Goblin Tribe Simulator! In Goblins of Elderstone you will nurture your tiny clan as it grows to become a dominating tribe, standing against the other races and even the gods. Rule over your chaotic goblins King or Queen and raid dungeons and villages to keep feeding your ever growing tribe.
We love playing village and city building games and have been inspired and influenced by games like the Anno series, Banished, Stonehearth, Rimworld and the Settlers series. We also love goblins and saw an opportunity for a "villains" version of the city builder genre. We have so many cool ideas to add to the genre and would love to share the experience with you! We hope you agree that Goblins are awesome and don't always have to be the villains - unless of course you want them to be?
In Goblins of Elderstone the choice is yours. You can be wise and industrious or create a trade empire. You can be the divine chosen one and lead your tribe to glory through the power of your faith in the gods or be a conqueror and show the world the power of your goblin forces. You can be whatever kind of goblin tribe you want!
We are now also on Steam Greenlight! Please head over there and vote YES and show steam you want this amazing game!
- Chaotic Goblins - While happy goblins generally do what they are told, if you don't fulfill their needs or they get bored, there is no telling what mischief they will get up to. They will steal or kill each other, try to burn down the village or even go wild and live in the forest only to attack your village later.
- Free form city building - Goblins don’t like orderly straight lines so there is no grid based city building. Instead buildings connect to each other with pathways and bridges to create great-looking goblin styled villages.
- Large resource and crafting tree - With over 30 different resources that can be gathered, crafted, traded or stolen, your goblins will always have plenty of work to do. Better make sure there are plenty of Enforcers making them do it. If goblins get too happy and lazy your entire economy could fall flat!
- Clan, world and divine politics - Use a combination of fast-talking, gift-giving, threats and violence to keep your clan (or clans) in line. Fail at this and they will either murder each other or burn down the entire village. Diplomacy doesn’t stop there - other races and even the gods can be convinced to do your bidding.
- War, Trade or Faith - Choose to play as a warlord conquering the world, an industrious trader that rules the world through wealth, a powerful avatar to the gods or a combination of all. You get to make several choices at the start each new game that will create your pantheon from a vast selection of gods as we add more to the game. These choices also influence your playthrough, making each playthrough unique
- Scout, Raid, Trade or Pilgrimage - Form your tribe into trek parties and send them out to explore the surrounding area. Will you raid and pillage the region? Trade with other cities? Send Spirit Treks to holy sites to gain favor with your gods? How you deal with what you find is up to you.
- RPG Story Moments - Elderstone is a world of high fantasy and each story told is unique. Deal with traveling strangers, evil overlords, cunning dragons or benevolent gods. Narrative by Edwin McRae - writer for Path of Exile.
- Defend your tribe - Darkness lurks around every turn! Defend your tribe from roaming monsters or roaming adventurers. Fight off enemy heroes and raid parties and retaliate with your own. Hire your own heroes at the tavern to lead raid parties against enemy rulers.
The goblins are the stars of this game. Each has an important role within the tribe and a personality to match! Adorable one minute, chaotic the next - let us introduce a few to you now:
- Chief - The ruler of a clan and its most important member
- Warrior - Defender of the village and raider of your enemies
- Shaman - Hurt your hand trying to burn down the village? This guy can heal you right up
- Trader - Finding resources hard to gather? Send out this guy to trade for some more
- Elder - Leader of the faith, and your best adviser to know the minds of the gods.
- Brewer - Every goblins best friend! Brew beer to keep the tribe happy!
Elderstone is a magical world full of possibilities. From strange creatures and monsters to different gods and races. Every time you play the world will be populated differently, making each playthrough a unique story.
- Other Races - Humans, elves, dwarves and orcs all share the bounty of Elderstone with your tribe, be kind and generous to them and maybe they will treat you in kind, but beware as alliances and hatred can run deep.
- Gods - Elderstone is an old world and the power of the gods runs through its core. Beware: these gods have their own agendas and praying to them might not be enough.
- Interesting Characters - Many characters roam the land of Elderstone. Some are looking for adventure, some are looking for a helping hand, others are looking for a weak goblin tribe to enslave and use.
Mysterious non-player characters can be foe or ally - it's up to you!
Where do you want to build your goblin village? Near resources or on a flat piece of ground with room to expand? Have fun while planting your flag.
- Buildings - Goblins need places to sleep and places to work. They need towers for defense and taverns to party at. Craft buildings to your vision, convert raw materials into tools, and equip your goblins with weapons to help them survive.
- Clans - Goblins can form themselves into individual clans within the tribe and they all want to be the most important. Beware of playing favorites, as ignored clans will riot until their needs are met.
- Dangers - All is not peaceful within the village area. Wolves, monsters and adventurers can be found lurking in nearby forests ready to attack defenseless goblins.
- Resources - Natural resources populate the area. There are berries and frogs to eat, sticks and bones to build with and to craft tools from, as well as herbs and hemp for medicine and clothes.
Eventually the village area alone will not be enough to sustain your goblins. Resources will run dry and overpopulation will cause fights and riots to break out. When this happens, you'll need to send your goblins out to surrounding regions to find out what the wider world of Elderstone has in store for your tribe.
- Locations - Scout locations to discover their riches. Find settlement and war camps, towers and ruins, dungeons and fierce animal lairs. But remember this: nothing comes for free.
- Treks - Form your goblins into trek parties then send them out into the world. Treks can be comprised of goblins with different skill sets and this combination will help determine how successful the trek is. Each trek offers the chance to interact - raid a surrounding farmstead for resources, trade with a friendly settlement or enter that cave on a wild shaman spirit quest.
- Domination - Control regions on the map to help your village and eventually stake your claim as ruler of Elderstone. Fill empty dungeons with goblin warriors who will kill any adventurer that steps in to claim loot. Leave trade envoys with neighboring towns and send the riches home. Pray at a god monolith for the destruction of your enemies.
The music, background ambiance and all sound effects have been created by the amazing team of Hyperduck Soundworks - here is a piece from the background music for the game:
Become part of the our tribe! We post stuff and share things wherever we can.
Follow us and our news at:
Presenting the Lost Goblin clan:
Edwin McRae - Story Goblin
Edwin is a veteran game writer who has survived tours of duty in Path of Exile, Bloodgate and a host of other game worlds. When he's not inventing post-apocalyptic societies, he is an enthusiastic member of the 'Goblins are People Too!' Movement.
Hyperduck - Music Goblins
HyperDuck SoundWorks are a two-man team from Belfast, Northern Ireland, who are passionate about music creation for media in video games. Beginning to write together as friends many years ago, Chris and Dan began their music making journey when they joined forces with Dan Remar to make the Iji OST. After this they have been the lead audio designers behind Dust: An Elysian Tail, Kingdom Rush, Knightmare Tower, Burrito Bison 3, Penny Arcades On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4, and many more!...
We could not have done this without all the help from friends and freelancers Manish Kapoor, Allan Xia, Claire Barilla, Tom O'Brien, Rachel Rees, Ivan Sanford, Jared Macphereson and Matt Gretton
We will work with the backers to design and vote on an awesome T-Shirt using our goblins For now here is a standard design that will be part of the voting pool.
Same goes for the Poster. We can create something truly beautiful but want your input!
As for the goblin figure we've been doing test batches of the little guy and here is our latest batch that arrived after an initial test was done:
Back at the Physical Tier to receive your very own goblin printed in colored sandstone with a clear coat finish. These guys are super high quality and nice and heavy. Perfect for your desk or Bookshelf.
Reward Tier Overview
Here is an overview of all the tiers and what you get in each reward tier.
All other physical, digital, and in-game rewards will be delivered at the beginning of next year with our full release! We'll keep you updated every step of the way!
* design and naming disclosure - all names and designs must be approved by Lost Goblin
We have several really cool stretch goals planned.
Stretch Goal 1
Here are some mockups of what the Seasonal Art Changes could look like if we achieve this goal:
The design is to have the art change dynamically as you play through the seasons.
Without the extra funding we will only be able to do VERY basic features to show the seasons changing. We want to have something a lot more beautiful and impressive than that.
This would include weather effects such as Rain, Snow and wind, more music to emphasize the seasons changing
And having the world actually change as it gets covered in snow (even on the buildings) and then come back to life in spring. So lets push on and get these stretch goals ticked off!
Social media goals
We made our first Facebook goal! Well done Facebook Clan!
Our small team of goblins has been working full time for the past year creating the game that you see here today. To date, we have been funded using a combination of our own savings plus some investment but, like all good things, that available funding is coming to an end.
While it is not far away we do not think Goblins of Elderstone is yet ready for Early Access on Steam. The GoE Kickstarter campaign is our chance to ask our community, and the community here, to get involved before anyone else. With your financial support we can make this a truly powerful goblin invasion. A successful Kickstarter will allow us to continue without the pressure of Early Access and also allow us to bring the game out to our community in a more controlled fashion.
Kickstarter backers at the Cheif tier and above will all be invited to the first round of alpha testing where you can not only play before anyone else but also be part of the development process from this point forward. We also have tiers that will allow you to design some key features and lore. Stamp your mark on the world of Elderstone.
Running a Kickstarter turns out to cost a bit of money and has some fees involved. We'll also make sure to have enough allocated to ensure we can fulfill all our awesome rewards. Everything else goes right into developing the game, from art, animations and much needed new UI to paying for more beautiful audio.
Any questions please message us!